Expectations of all aboard the Ulysses are very high. All are expected to follow the rules and regulations set out on this page, particularly the Ten Commandments of Simming. By joining the crew you affirm that you will write in a proper, adequate, appropriate manner. Members who choose to make ultra-short posts, post very infrequently, or post posts with overly sexual content will be removed immediately and at the discretion of the Commanding Officer. It should be noted that although the Ulysses is not set in a time of war, there may be cases of violence written and applicants should be aware of this. As such, it is the judgement of the command staff that the Ulysses will accept no player under the age of 17. There will be violent content from time to time and all players should be prepared for this. Any players found to be under the age of 17 will be immediately removed without question and banned from the Ship. By agreeing to these terms, you are also saying that you are at least 17.
The Ten Commandments
All CO’s desire their crew to have fun when on their simm and Captain Nazir is no different. Follow these 10 rules for a stress-free simming career!
- Creativity is key, creative entries give life to your character. Be creative and have fun!
- Pay attention to detail. Keep up with what others write in their entries – it just might affect your character!
- Be flexible because when you’re writing with a group of people, anything can happen.
- Remember the Golden Rule – treat others in your entries the way you want to be treated in theirs – with respect.
- Post, post, post. You never write too many entries. Remember the minimum requirement of 2 posts per person per month.
- Words are powerful, use them carefully, and write so others understand what you’re doing.
- Communicate; talk out of character (OOC) with other crew members via email, instant messengers and the OOC threads. It builds cohesion and can add to creativity.
- Stay involved, you can’t always be the center of attention… but that doesn’t mean your character can’t do anything. It is a big ship.
- Develop your character. Make sure you use traits about your character in your entries. Don’t write a BIO and then play your character completely different.
- Be consistent, that way others know what to expect of you.